Established 1908 to provide sporting facilities
Clun Marion buildingMarion Sports and Community Club (MSCC) was formed in 1908 through a financial contribution by local people and established businesses.
The Club was formed to provide sporting and community facilities to encourage participation in sport. Within three years of declaring the Club feasible Marion residents built a pavilion.
Unfortunately that original pavilion has been ‘rearranged by age and fire’ over the years and was demolished in 2009.
In 1916 the Committee seriously considered ‘winding up’ the Club as most of the ‘young’ men were away fighting in World War 1 and there were insufficient men left at home to make the Club viable. However the Committee persevered and today we continue their work of providing sporting and community facilities.
Our Opening Objectives
The objectives stated in the constitution of the Marion sports and Community Club are:
- To develop and maintain, recreational and community facilities and amenities;
- To promote, recreational and community sporting activity on the ovals
To achieve those stated objects the Committee have taken on the responsibility to develop the Marion Sports and Community Club as a regional centre of community and sporting excellence.
Club Marion Today
As well as increasing the sports played the growth of the community facility has been awesome. The Club boasts modern well equipped community function rooms and meeting rooms, five bars, dining room , TAB, Lotteries and 40 gaming machines.
Geographically the Marion Sports and Community Club is well situated in the south western suburbs and is a stones throw from the Marion Shopping Centre and the State Aquatics Centre and is part of the City of Marion’s Regional Sporting Precinct.
In 1908 the Club was home to football but now we host:
- Women’s Soccer
- Lawn bowls
- Men’s Soccer
- SA Veterans Cricket
- Diving SA
- Marlins Masters Swimming Club
- Atlantis Masters Swimming Club
- Marion Swimming Club
PH: 08 8296 8444
262 Sturt Road, Marion SA, 5043
PO Box 170, Oaklands Park SA, 5046
DINING: 12-2:30pm Daily